70868 12EFG6K-MTFXCTNProduct # 46511606
Recommended for extremely high pressure and high impulse applications such as hydrostatic transmissions. EFG6K-MTF is designed to meet or exceed all requirements of SAE 100R15 specifications and performance requirements of EN 856 4SP (-6, -8, -10 and -12), EN 856 4SH (-12, -16, and -20), and ISO 3862 Type R15 (-6, -8, -10, -12, -16, -24). 12EFG6K-MTF meets ISO 18752 Grade D. Recommended Couplings: GlobalSpiral Couplings, GlobalSpiral MAX Pressure Couplings, Stainless Steel S Couplings (-6 through -20).
- EFG6K hose is compatible with biodegradable hydraulic fluids like synthetic esters, polyglycols and vegetable oils as well as petroleum-based fluids.
- Superior flex impulse performance: Tested to 1,000,000 impulse cycles at 50% of SAE 100R15 bend radii (except -32).
Part # 70868 Product # 46511606 Description 70868 12EFG6K-MTFXCTN UPC 072053978858 Min. Burst Pressure (psi) 24000 Minimum Bend Radius (in) 4.7 Continuous Operating Temperature Range -40°F to +250°F Hose Inside Diameter (in) 0.75 Hose Outside Diameter (in) 1.24 Temperature Range -40°F to +250°F (-40°C to +121°C) For water emulsions see Temperature Limits Table.
Coupling Recommendation (See Crimp Data Manual 428-7365 or E-Crimp), GlobalSpiral™ Couplings (G20) Section E, GlobalSpiral™ MAX Pressure Couplings (-24) (G24), (-32) (G23) Section E, Stainless Steel Spiral Couplings (-6 through -20) (G18) Section F Use Spiral Wire
Cover Black, oil, abrasion and weather resistant MegaTuff® cover with color coded layline. Also available in Standard cover. See Hose Stock Characteristics. Reinforcement Four (six for -20, -24 and -32) alternating layers of spiraled, high-tensile steel. Tube Black, oil-resistant, synthetic rubber (Nitrile - Type C). See Hose Stock Characteristics.
Meets These Agency Specifications ABS - American Bureau of Shipping, AS - Australian Standard, BV - Bureau Veritas (Marine Division); Int'l, DIN - Deutsch Industry Norm; International, DNV - Det Norske Veritas (North Sea Floating Vessels); Int'l, EN - European Norm, FRAS - Fire Retardant Anti Static; Australia, GL - Germanischer Lloyd's; International, ISO - International Standards Organization, LR - Lloyd's Register; International, MSHA 2G - Mine Safety & Health Admin. USA, SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers, USCG - United States Coast Guard Standard Industry Specification EN 856 4SP/4SH, ISO 3862 R15, SAE 100R15
Notes For Biodegradable Hydraulic Fluids. Meets Flame Resistance Acceptance Designation "MSHA 2G". MegaTuff® hose lasts up to 300 times longer than standard hose during hose-to-hose and hose-to-metal abrasion tests per ISO 6945. Recommended For Extremely high-pressure, high-impulse applications such as hydrostatic transmissions. EFG6K is designed to meet or exceed all requirements of SAE 100R15 specifications and performance requirements of EN 856 4SP (-6, -8, -10 and -12), EN 856 4SH (-12, -16, and -20) and ISO 3862 Type R15 (-6, -8, -10, -12, -16, -24). Compatible with biodegradable hydraulic fluids like polyolester, polyglycol and vegetable oil as well as standard petroleum-based fluids. Available in 121' through 200' continuous lengths.
Customer Pack 100 Weight (lbs.) 1.1 Packaging A
Features and Benefits
- MegaTuff™ cover which offers 300 times the abrasion resistance of the standard EFG6K cover as per ISO 6945, superior ozone and weathering resistance.
- MegaTuff cover offers 300 times the abrasion resistance of standard rubber cover.
- -6 to -20 validated with GlobalSpiral ; -24, -32 with GlobalSpiral Maximum.
- Up to 40% of EN 856 4SP/4SH bend radius at rated working pressure.
- EFG6K-MTF MegaSpiral is rated at 1/2 bend radius of SAE 100R15.
- Meets Flame Resistance Acceptance Designation MSHA 2G.
- Type approvals: DNV, GL, LR, BV and ABS.
- 6000 PSI constant pressure for all ID's.
- Temperature Range:
- -40°C to +121°C
- -40°F to +250°F
- Size: 3/8" to 2".