Poly Chain® GT™ Carbon™ Belts
Gates® Poly Chain® GT™ Carbon™ synchronous belts have a renowned industry reputation for high performance and huge cost savings in a range of applications, designed to handle longer center distances at high load-carrying capacities. Gates uses patented Carbon Fiber tensile cords for increased horsepower rating, compactness, and flexibility, while also allowing the use of backside idlers. When combined with Gates® Poly Chain® GT™2 sprockets, you'll have a lightweight, long-lasting, maintenance-free system that's more than a match for roller chain.
- Durable polyurethane construction resists chemicals, oil, pollutants, and abrasion.
- Fully operational in temperature extremes of -65°F to +185°F (-54°C to +85°C).
- High power density with a lightweight, clean-running construction.
|Part #||Product #||Description||Number of Teeth||Pitch (mm)||Profile||Width (mm)|
Application advantages you can count on.
Our Poly Chain® GT™ Carbon™ belt drives have immediate impact on your application, with proven success stories, performance and savings metrics from operations all over the world.
energy savings over V-belts
higher power ratings than previous constructions
efficiency for life of the drive
greater capacity than HTD belts
Features and Benefits
- Our patented, curvilinear tooth profile provides high shear strength, noise reduction, and improved load-carrying capacity.
- Equivalent capacity to roller chain drives in the same width.
- Easy, rust-free wash-down with Gates Stainless Steel hardware.
- Fast drive conversion payback. Quieter than roller chain drives.
- Lubrication, re-tensioning and maintenance free.
A Reputation of Revolutionary Innovations.
In 1917, John Gates invented the V-Belt and changed power transmission as the world knew it. Fast forward almost a century and Gates® Corporation took the industry by storm once again with our revolutionary Poly Chain® V-Belts. We saw the opportunity to create a maintenance-free, mess-free, high-power alternative to the costly, heavy, labor-intensive roller chain drives that were once the only option for heavy duty applications. Today, we continue to push the limits of power transmission possibilities with every Gates solution.
Manuals, Guides & Tech Tips
- Automotive Valve Refacing Machine Case Study
- Gates Belt Drive for Air Handlers in the Food & Beverage Industry
- Gates Belt Drive for the Bottle Rinsers in the Bottling Industry
- Gates Belt Drive for the Hospitality Industry
- How Belt Drives Impact Overhung Load
- Poly Chain® GT™ Carbon™ Belt Drive Systems Manual
Software and Mobile Apps
Gates Drive experts get you up and running in no time. Any design, any material, and no minimums.Learn more